General Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
There has been a lot of information in the news recently about COVID-19 and much is still unknown about how COVID-19 spreads. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention has current information on the coronavirus which can be found on the CDC website. Additionally, the World Health Organization (WHO) has information available, to include a Q&A on COVID-19, found on the WHO website.
How COVID-19 spreads is largely based on what is known about other coronaviruses:
- Between people who are in close contact with one another.
- Via respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
Recommended preventative actions include:
- Staying informed on the latest developments about COVID-19.
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds on a regular basis; use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth. Cover coughs and sneezes and dispose of used tissues in the trash immediately.
- Maintaining distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- If you are not well, communicate with your supervisor to remain home and seek appropriate medical advice.
- If traveling for business or pleasure, be aware of travel advisories for the country or region being visited. The CDC provides Travel Health Notices at the following website.
We will provide more information as it becomes available.