From: MD Store Communications <MDStoreCommunications@aafes.com>
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2021 9:30 AM
Subject: UPDATE! REPAYMENT OF DEFERRED PAYROLL TAX
SUBJECT: UPDATE! REPAYMENT OF DEFERRED PAYROLL TAX
APPLICABILITY: WORLDWIDE EXCHANGE ASSOCIATES
***PLEASE DISTRIBUTE TO ALL ASSOCIATES TO INCLUDE THOSE WITHOUT EXCHANGE EMAIL ACCOUNTS***
REPAYMENT OF DEFERRED PAYROLL TAX - UPDATED
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the number of repayment periods and first affected Pay Period Ending (PPE) will change for associates to repay Deferred Payroll Taxes. Associates will be able to select their preferred number of repayment periods from 1 to 21 (revised down from 22) in Employee Self Service (ESS) using a new tool. The tool will also show how much will be deducted each pay period based on total deferment amounts and the number of selected repayment periods.
- The ESS tool is available 12 Feb 2021 through 08 Mar 2021 (formerly 23 Feb 2021).
- The 2020 Federal Tax Deferment repayment is set to begin with PPE 05 Mar 2021 (formerly 19 Feb 2021) and will end PPE 10 Dec 2021.
- The number of repayment periods will change to 21 for associates that selected 22.
- Pay stubs will be expanded to include an additional table to show the amount recouped by PPE for the 2020 Federal Tax Deferment.
- Note: When “Update Your Changes” is selected, the estimated amount per PPE can be reviewed. However, the selection is not final until “OK” is selected on the message from webpage popup.
Click here for additional information.
For questions, please contact HR Support Center.
Store Operations Support